We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The orange jams must not be missing in any self-respecting pantry! Excellent not only to be spread on bread or rusks for breakfast, but also to prepare many types of desserts, to accompany cheeses and as a side dish for game. Prepare the orange jams at home it will certainly not be a saving in terms of money and time, but it will certainly allow us to know what we spread on bread in the morning, without having to orient ourselves among a thousand words: extra jam, jam, jam, jelly ... and alas often having to read the very scarce percentage of fruit that contain those jars of jam at the supermarket. Here is the orange jam recipe.
Orange jams, the ingreddienti
- 3 kg. of orange pulp
- 1 kg of sugar orientatively
- julienne peel of 6 oranges
Orange jams, the preparation
The only recommendation I can make is to make sure of the origin of the oranges and obviously prefer the organic ones, even better at zero km. Here is the step by step procedure:
- Wash the oranges and peel them, then using a potato peeler collect the skins and cut them into julienne strips
- Take a pan with a little cold water, pour in the cut peel and cook them over medium heat
- As soon as it boils, remove the peels with a slotted spoon and repeat this operation twice more, always with cold starting water
- In the meantime, deprive the oranges of the showier and harder filaments, then cut into four and then into slices
- Weigh the pulp obtained and add the sugar to the extent of half the weight of the fruit (1 kg of pulp / 5oo g of sugar), in this way you will obtain a jam with about 70% fruit
- Put everything in the pot and, stirring, bring to a boil.
- Leave on the heat, and when the oranges are quite pulped, add the orange peel kept aside
- Continue cooking for another 5/10 minutes and make sure it has a thick consistency
- Pour the jam into clean and sterilized jars and leave to cool
After a week the orange jamsand they will be ready to be tasted
It might also interest you
- Orange marmalade: ingredients