Nettle in the kitchen: nettle is a spontaneous plant found almost all over the world, rich in mineral salts, vitamins and healing properties. In spite of his actionstinging, L'nettleit can be used in the kitchen to prepare various dishes.
L'nettle in the kitchenit can be the protagonist of a wide range of courses, from risotto to timbales, from tagliatelle to omelettes ... The only limit is imposed by our imagination. Today we will see somerecipes based on nettle starting from a more complex risotto with nettles, to arrive at a very easy onecheese roll.
Nettle in the kitchen, recipes
Risotto with nettles - ingredients for 4 people
- 350 grams of riceNano
- 150-200 grams of nettles
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 50 grams of butter
- beef broth
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Carefully wash the nettle leaves by placing them in a colander.
- Fry the oil and the finely sliced onion, add the nettles and let them dry by wetting them with a little hot and salty water.
- Pour in the rice and let it toast for three minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon. Finish cooking the rice in a classic way: add ladles of boiling broth from time to time and continue stirring until the rice is ready.
- Turn off the rice while still al dente, add the butter into small pieces and grated cheese. Leave to stir for a few minutes and serve still hot.
Cheese and nettle roll - ingredients for 4 people
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams of nettle leaves
- stretched cheese (e.g. three slices, slices of galbanino ...)
- 4 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- butter, salt and pepper
- those who prefer can add cooked ham
- Prepare a nettle omelette: in a bowl mix the eggs and cheese with a whisk. Boil the nettles in boiling water and when cooked, drain them carefully and chop them finely. Add the nettles to the eggs, add salt and pepper. Continue and mix with the whisk to mix everything.
- Over moderate heat, heat a non-stick pan, melt the butter in it and pour in the egg and nettle mixture. Cook the omelette by turning it on both sides.
- Place the omelette on a sheet of baking paper, stuff it with some cheese to be melted and wrap it as if to form a roll collected in baking paper. N.B. this procedure must be done when the omelette is still very hot to allow the cheese to melt. Transfer the roll to a serving dish, cut it and serve.
Photo by Maria Bonaccorso, ilcuoreinpentola.wordpress.com