There shortcrust pastry it is a culinary preparation widely used in desserts, from jam tart with jam, to the classic dessert with ricotta and chocolate. In this regard we will show you how to make the homemade shortcrust pastry following our recipe step by step.
Homemade shortcrust pastry, the ingredients
- 5 organic eggs
- 250 grams of butter at room temperature
- 125 grams of powdered sugar
- 20 grams of yeast
- 360 grams of flour type 00
Homemade shortcrust pastry, the preparation
- Pour the flour into a bowl and add the yeast, then mix the ingredients
- Transfer the flour to the work surface and create a fountain
- Take the butter and section it into small pieces then place them in the center of the fountain, together with the icing sugar. If you prefer you can add flavorings, such as vanilla and lemon
- Add the 4 egg yolks, and mix everything quickly, by hand or in a mixer
- When the dough is well blended, make sure it is not too sticky: in this case you will need to add a few tablespoons of flour, being careful not to overdo it
- Knead again, until the mixture mixes well with the flour then place it in the fridge, wrapping it first with cling film
- Leave the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before using it.
Yours is ready homemade shortcrust pastry
Homemade shortcrust pastry, uses
The shortcrust pastry can be used for different types of desserts, first of all the tart with jam but there are many desserts that can be prepared with the shortcrust pastry such as the tart with ricotta and chocolate. If you want to see the recipe, please refer to the article "Tart with ricotta and chocolate"
Homemade shortcrust pastry, storage
The dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days, and in the freezer for up to 14-15 days, taking care to defrost it a few hours in advance to be able to work it better.