Eggplant rolls, recipe: theRolls Of Eggplantthey can be prepared with ham and fontina cheese, with tuna or with the support of tasty zucchini just as shown in the articleRolls Of Eggplant. As is clear, there are many variations and the choice depends on your palate!
Rolls Of Eggplant, fried or roasted?
It is possible to prepareRolls Of Eggplantstarting from slices of fried or roasted aubergines, the result will be, in any case, tasty and suitable for different courses: aperitifs, appetizers, side dishes or even main courses. Consider that the fried variant is certainly the most caloric one and at the end of frying, the excess oil slices must be dried well.
Eggplant Rolls Recipe
The ingredients for 12 rolls:
- 120 grams of mozzarella
- 120 ml of tomato sauce
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- salt and pepper as required
- 15 black olives
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 500 grams of eggplant
Those just seen are the ingredients for therecipevegetarian. A less ethical variant sees the replacement of olives with cooked ham, in this case, the use of oregano is not recommended.
Eggplant Rolls Recipe
- Let the mozzarella dry well by removing the excess liquid.
- Peel the well washed aubergines and cut 12 regular slices about half a centimeter thick.
- Place the aubergines on a colander and add salt, let the water drain for half an hour. While waiting ...
- ... prepare chopped olives, mozzarella and cook the tomato puree for a few minutes in a pan over low heat.
- Add chopped basil, salt, pepper, oregano and oil to the tomato sauce.
- Dry the aubergines with a clean cloth.
- Place a grill on the fire, add salt and wait for it to get hot. Grill the eggplant slices, cooking them 1-2 minutes on each side. Alternatively, you can fry the aubergine slices in boiling oil.
After cooking the aubergines, here's how to prepare the rolls:
- Spread the slices of aubergine (grilled or fried) and, one by one, sprinkle them with the already seasoned tomato sauce.
- Stuff the aubergines with the chopped mozzarella and black olives.
- Roll up the aubergines and form a small cylinder to be placed in a pan greased with oil.
- Form 12 rolls, one for each eggplant slice and bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 °.
I recommend to garnish:
Those who prefer can serve the eggplant rolls garnished with apple vinegar or balsamic vinegar and a mint leaf.
Those who prefer can serveRolls Of Eggplantforming long skewers!