In the previous article we showed you how to make tomatoes stuffed with rice, even today we will talk about tomatoes rather than baked gratin tomatoes, a very simple and quick recipe: just think that the execution takes only 15 minutes. But let's see in detail how to make baked gratin tomatoes following our step by step recipe.
Baked au gratin tomatoes, what we need
- 1 kilo of ripe, preferably organic, round tomatoes
- A sprig of parsley
- 3 large leeks
- 1 chilli
- 50 grams of grated Romano cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt q. b.
Baked au gratin tomatoes, the preparation
- Take the tomatoes, wash them and remove the stalk: if they are not organic tomatoes it is preferable to wash them with baking soda.
- Put them to dry on a cloth
- Once this is done, cut the tomatoes in half and place them on a pan greased with oil
- Wash and chop the parsley, peel the leeks and chop finely then pour everything into a bowl
- Add the grated Romano cheese to the mince and then also the dried chilli to give a stronger flavor to the sauce
- Mix everything with abundant breadcrumbs: make sure you have mixed the ingredients well
- Lightly salt the tomatoes and cover them with the freshly prepared mixture
- Finally, sprinkle each tomato with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Bake in a preheated oven for about an hour at a temperature of 180 degrees
- From time to time check the browning of the gratin tomatoes and once ready add a drop of raw oil.
Yours are ready baked gratin tomatoes ready to be enjoyed.