We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Tomatoes are the most consumed vegetables in the world; they lend themselves to many recipes both cooked and raw. In this regard we suggest an easy and tasty recipe, Tomatoes Stuffed With Rice. They can be served as an appetizer but can also be used as a first summer dish given the presence of rice.
Tomatoes Stuffed With Rice, what we need
- 8 large round and beautiful ripe tomatoes preferably organic
- 150 grams of rice
- 8 intact basil leaves
- 2 shallots
- 6 tablespoons of bechamel
- Extra virgin olive oil
Tomatoes Stuffed With Rice, the preparation
- Wash the tomatoes thoroughly under running water: if they are not organic tomatoes, it is better to wash them using a little baking soda
- Meanwhile, put the rice to boil
- Remove the top cap from each tomato then empty it with the help of a spoon, taking care to keep the extracted pulp
- Put the boiled and drained rice in a bowl, the washed and chopped basil, the tomato pulp, the thinly sliced shallot, the bechamel, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, the salt and pepper and mix until all the ingredients are combined
- Take each tomato and fill it with the mixture just prepared up to the edge then cover it with the cap previously removed by pressing lightly with your fingers
- Place the stuffed tomatoes with rice on an oiled baking dish, sprinkle with a drizzle of oil and then sprinkle over the grated Parmesan
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes
- Serve the rice-stuffed tomatoes hot or cold on a bed of salad
There is also a vegan variant of this dish which does not involve the use of ingredients of animal origin: just replace the béchamel with soy cream. Instead of the grated cheese we will put some finely chopped olives.