Today we will see how to make strawberry jam since in this period this fruit abounds on our tables. We find strawberries from April to June; the first we find are the so-called wild strawberries, the most sought after for their flavor.
Strawberries should never be missing from our diet; in addition to being good, they have many nutritional and beneficial properties. With strawberries we can prepare many good desserts, ice creams or make fruit salads but alas we don't find them all year round!
How can we enjoy the benefits of jam all year round? The ideal solution is strawberry jam, a product that we can enjoy all year round. The only recommendation is to prepare it at home to be sure of the authenticity of the product. In this regard, here how to make strawberry jam following our recipe step by step.
How to make strawberry jam, what we need
- 4 kilos of strawberries
- 1.6 kilos of sugar
- Two lemons
- Hermetically sealed sterilized jars
How to make strawberry jam, how to prepare
- After washing them, remove the petiole and the rosette of leaves, making a twisting movement with your hand without tearing.
- Then put them in a colander and let them drain well
- As soon as they are dry, pour the strawberries into a bowl, put a few tablespoons of sugar on them and then add the juice of the two lemons
- Leave to macerate for 2 hours
- After the time has elapsed, pour the strawberries into a stainless steel pot, add the remaining sugar and cook over low heat until the jam has thickened.
- Once this is done, pour the strawberry jam into the jars
- Close the jars tightly and place them on a shelf upside down for about 1 hour
- After the time has elapsed, put the jars in the pantry
How to make strawberry jam, useful recommendations
- To make a good strawberry jam you need to be sure that the strawberries are firm, uniform red in color, intact, without dents or moldy parts. The strawberries must be washed thoroughly but without soaking them.
- Before pouring the jam into the jars, make sure they have been sterilized: otherwise, just put the jars in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Write the date of preparation of the strawberry jam on an adhesive label and apply it to the jar
- Store in a cool place away from light.
– Strawberry jam: another recipe