We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Strawberry jam: the fruit of the month to be kept in a jar. Thestrawberriesin season they begin to depopulate on our tables starting from the month of May, every year they arrive punctually, rich in aroma and flavor.
To prepare theStrawberry jamwe advise you to employorganic strawberries, do not treat! Do you know that, by far, strawberries are the fruit on which the most pesticides and harmful chemicals are deposited? This happens because strawberries grow close to the ground, they do not have a "skin" or other defensive strategies. Strawberries can be easily attacked by birds, lizards, snails, and many other insects… for this reason, in industrial crops, strawberries undergo a large number of pesticide treatments.
Strawberry jam - The Light recipe
How to prepare strawberry jam, at this link there is a "light" recipe that provides only 600 grams of sugar for every 2 kg of strawberries. The following recipe is the traditional one used by our grandmothers which sees an equal ratio (1: 1) between strawberries and sugar.
Strawberry jam - The classic recipe
Strawberry jam- ingredients
- 1 kg of strawberries
- 1 kg of sugar
- juice of one lemon
- cinnamon powder (quantity to taste)
Strawberry jam- method
- Gently wash thestrawberries without exposing them, directly, to the jet of water. Peel the strawberries and cut them in half, or, if they are very large, cut them into four parts.
- Place the strawberries in a bowl, add the lemon juice and half the sugar. Mix everything gently and let it rest for a couple of hours.
- Transfer the mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil over moderate heat. At this point, add the remaining sugar and a pinch of cinnamon. Stir until the jam has reached the desired consistency.
- Remove the pot from the heat and pour the contents, still boiling, into previously sterilized glass jars. Fill them up to an inch from the edge.
- Seal tightly and store the jam jars in a cool, dark place.
ATTENTION: before pouring the jam into the jars it is good to sterilize them. In this case, just put the jars in boiling water for about twenty minutes.
– Strawberry jam: another recipe