THE courgette flowers they are flowers that reproduce at the tip of the zucchini; they are used to make many culinary preparations. They can be fried, breaded but can also be containers for a tasty filling.
In this regard we will show you how to do the stuffed courgette flowers, giving you a very tasty recipe that does not involve the use of meat: an ideal dish for those who follow a vegetarian style.
Zucchini flowers with filling, what we need
- 15 untreated courgette flowers
- 200 grams of cottage cheese
- 1 package of bechamel
- 100 grams of grated cheese
- 2 carrots
- 2 medium potatoes
- A handful of pine nuts
- 100 grams of flour
- Oil, salt and pepper
Zucchini flowers with filling, the preparation
- Take the courgette flowers, wash them and dry them with a cloth, taking care not to break them
- Clean the carrots and potatoes and put them to boil for half an hour, adding salt
- Once this is done, drain the vegetables, cut them into slices then mash them in a vegetable mill
- Pour the mixture just obtained into a very large bowl and add the ricotta, the bechamel, the grated cheese, the chopped pine nuts and a pinch of pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients until everything is mixed well
- Fill the courgette flowers with this mixture
- Prepare a thick batter with water, flour and salt, dip the stuffed flowers one at a time and drain the excess batter
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the stuffed courgette flowers
- Drain them on absorbent kitchen paper so that they lose excess grease and serve hot.
Light variant: if you prefer, the courgette flowers can also be baked in the oven. Just place the stuffed courgette flowers in a greased pan and bake for about 20 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees,
Vegan variant: instead of ricotta, béchamel and cheese, you can use soy cream, doing the same procedure both for cooking in the oven and in a pan.