We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Pickled cauliflower,here's how to prepare it! Thecaulifloweris the vegetable to be kept in winter so that it can be tasted,Seasonal, all the year. The month in which the prices of thecauliflowerare lower is February, we are in full harvest of this vegetable and we just have to prepare jars ofpickled cauliflower.
Thecauliflowerit is low in calories and rich in micronutrients such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron and vitamins. Calories amount to only 25 per 100 grams of product. THEpickled cauliflowerscan enrich our summer salads by fully respecting the principles of anti-heat wave nutrition (readhow to handle the heat, food tips).
How to prepare jars of pickled cauliflower
Before proceeding with the recipe, we remind you that the jars you will use for the preservation ofpickled cauliflowersmust be preliminarily sterilized.
Pickled cauliflower - The ingredients
- 1 kg of cauliflower (the recipe is good for both white and green cauliflower)
- 500 ml of white wine vinegar
- 2 lemons
- 2-3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper as required
Pickled cauliflower- The procedure
- After removing the outer leaves of the cauliflower, wash it and divide it into florets.
- Put about 2 liters of water in a pot and, with the addition of lemon juice, boil, then blanch the floretscauliflowerpreviously prepared. Thecauliflowerit will have to cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the florets and let them cool by placing them on a clean kitchen towel.
- Put the vinegar with the salt, bay leaves and pepper on the fire and boil for 5 minutes.
- Place the florets of cauliflowerin glass jars to take up all the space.
- Let the vinegar cool and only when it has cooled will it be possible to pour it into the jars.
- The vinegar must be poured until it reaches the edge of the jar. Wait a few minutes, allowing the vinegar to reach every part of the jar. The glass jar must not contain air bubbles and must be saturated with vinegar andcauliflowerFor this reason, after some time, if necessary, add more vinegar.
- Seal the jars hermetically and sterilize for 30-45 minutes.
- Store in a cool, dark place.