In this guide we will show you how to fight mold in the home, a mushroom that when it arrives, literally takes root in our four walls. And if mold has taken up residence, here's how to fight it.
How to fight mold, no to organic materials
Mold feeds on the deposits of organic materials that we expel when we wash, and which are absorbed by the concrete when water splashes everywhere. In this regard it is necessary to cleanse and dry
the wet surface: to clean just prepare a solution with 12-volume hydrogen peroxide (2 tablespoons) and vinegar (one glass) to mix in a liter of water.
How to fight mold, no to humidity
Since mold loves humidity, especially water vapor, it is necessary to open the windows immediately after exiting the shower, without waiting even 1 minute; if you want you can also put tropical plants that feed on moisture.
How to fight mold in the home, home remedies
- Do not dry your clothes at home
- Avoid too bulky built-in wardrobes
- Keep the shower clean
- If you paint the walls, choose a lime paint, to avoid the proliferation of spores
- In rooms where mold has taken root in a particular way, install a salt dehumidifier.
How to fight mold on fabrics, upholstery
- In case of mold on the fabrics, apply a lemon and salt solution on the stains: dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt in half a liter of lemon juice. You can clean moldy curtains, or shower curtain.
- To treat mold stains on upholstery, you can prepare a ½ liter solution of denatured alcohol diluted with a cup of water. Dip a clean cloth or rag into the solution, and scrub any mold stains.
How to fight mold on the walls
To remove mold from walls, tiles or the shower door, prepare a spray bottle with a 30% solution of vinegar and the remaining demineralized water. Apply to the area to be treated and leave for 10-15 minutes before rinsing.
If the walls are invaded by mold, you can use a solution based on bicarbonate and hydrogen peroxide: just dissolve 2 tablespoons of sodium bicarbonate and 2 tablespoons of salt in 700 ml of water and pour the solution into a 1 liter spray bottle. . Then add 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide at 30/40 volumes and then shake well.
Spray this solution on the surface to be treated, using an old toothbrush to reach the most difficult points.
For other natural remedies to combat mold, we refer you to the article "Mold at home, natural remedies"