There limoncello cream,typical liqueur of the south, it is very easy to prepare at home. In this regard we will illustrate youhow to make limoncello cream following our recipe step by step. Since the recipe requires the use of the peel, the only recommendation is to buy organic lemons as they are not treated with pesticides; even better if you can get them from your neighbor. Don't forget that you don't need a garden to grow lemons, a balcony is also sufficient. For further information "How to grow lemons in pots"
How to make limoncello cream, what we need
- 20 untreated lemons
- 2 liters of food alcohol
- 2 kg of granulated sugar
- 2 vanilla pods
- 1 liter of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 liter of fresh cream
How to make limoncello cream, the preparation
- Wash the lemons very carefully, peel them, taking care to take only the yellow part: avoid the white of the lemon as it is very bitter
- Take the lemon peels and pour them into a large, airtight transparent container
- Pour in the alcohol and let the mixture soak for 30 days, in a dark and dry place, taking care to close the container well
- After this time, open the container and strain the liquid into another container
- Take a large pot and pour in the milk
- Take the vanilla pods and take the seeds to add them to the milk
- Bring the milk to a boil then add the fresh cream, leaving it to cook for a few more minutes
- Add the sugar and mix until dissolved
- Leave 1 minute more then turn off the heat and let it cool
- Once cooled, add the mixture to the previously filtered alcohol
- Mix and pour the cream obtained into the bottles and stored in the freezer
- Wait at least two weeks before you can taste the limoncello cream
- When serving the limoncello cream on the table, shake the bottle well
Generally the limoncello cream it is served as a digestive or next to dessert.
For a lighter and less alcoholic variant, you can reduce the doses of food alcohol.