After introducing you to thefood decalogueforwithstand the summer heat, here are someremedy ready for use to better face the sunniest season of the year.
How to save yourself from the heat
Find an effective oneremedy against the heatsummer is the best thing to do to avoid the damage of the so-called "heat waves". When the body's temperature regulation system fails to disperse excess heat, the risks are numerous and of different severity:
- Heat stroke
How to save yourself from hot, lower temperatures in the house
A goodremedy against heat at homeconsists in opening doors and windows only in the early morning and after sunset and not cooking food preferring salads or foods that are eaten raw. The windows, especially if facing south, must be darkened and screened.
As with the oven and stove, avoid the use of hairdryers, hair straighteners, irons, computers ... and all appliances that produce heat.
A thermally insulated home allows it to withstand heat better tooat night. The ideal temperature in the home is 24-26 C, so don't overdo it with the air conditioner. Use fans and air conditioners only when strictly necessary to avoid costly energy costs.
If you use mechanical fans, do not direct them directly to people, but adjust them so that the air circulates throughout the room. When the fans are running, the risk of dehydration increases so make sure you drink more.
Thehotit is aggravated by humidity: do not keep wet fabrics at home, also a dehumidifier - even natural - could be very useful.
Such as save yourself from the heat,useful tips
- do not ingest foods that raise body temperature: braised meats, baked goods, sophisticated foods, high-calorie foods ...
- Avoid eating too quickly.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
- Avoid alcohol and water that is too cold.
- Limit the use of low mineral content waters.
- Don't take cold but lukewarm showers! A cold shower will further expose you to heat.
- Wash arms and face often, sissies would do well to do without make-up and hair straightener.
- Avoid intense physical activity, especially in the open air near urban centers.
- Do not leaveNEVERpeople or animals in parked cars, even if for a short time.
- For withstand the heat in the house, try walking barefoot, it will help you disperse the heat.
- During the summer season, keep the drugs in the fridge (read on the package, drugs that need a storage temperature not exceeding 22-25 degrees must be placed in the fridge).
- Avoid leaving the house during the hottest hours, from 11 to 18. This behavior will protect you from smog: during heat waves the limit values of urban gases are exceeded with an irritating effect on the respiratory mucous membranes.
- Wear light and comfortable clothing, not tight and not made of synthetic fibers.
- Outside the home, protect your head from the sun with a light-colored hat.
- Protect skin from sunburn with high factor sunscreen.
- In the parked car, use the sun blinds.
- Always carry a bottle of water and lemon with you.
- Keep your blood pressure under control, in pharmacies this check is usually carried out free of charge.
More tips forsurvive the summer heat, herehow to save yourself from the heat…
At the beach…
On the beach, remember that the umbrella will not protect you from the heat or from the sun's rays, so use a hat and protective cream ...
At the park…
If you have the habit of walking in the greenery of a public park or in the country house, avoid doing it in the summer: unfortunately, with thesummer heat, the ozone produced by means of transport is concentrated in green areas!
When you get up ...
If you are lying down, on the beach, in bed at home… do it slowly! Due to the heat, you may experience a sharp drop in blood pressure from lying down to standing.
Pay particular attention to the positioning of tents, caravans or similar structures. If you go camping, prefer shaded and well ventilated areas.
In a trip…
Beware of the packed breakfast! Not only does it have to be light (what about an avocado sandwich or a fruit and vegetable salad?), But the food must be stored in special cooler bags. Food preservation is a real challenge during the summer…!
Many of the tips contained in our articlehow to save yourself from the heat, they are taken from the information brochures made available by the Ministry of Health.
If you liked this article you can follow me on Twitter, add me on Facebook or among the circles of G +, the ways of social they are infinite! :)