Eggplant is a very versatile vegetable in the kitchen; it lends itself very well to season a first course but can also be used as a single dish as in the case of stuffed aubergines. In this regard, here how to make mushroom eggplant, following our step by step recipe.
Eggplants with mushrooms are also ideal for those who follow a vegetarian or vegan style since in the recipe that we will offer you there are no ingredients of animal origin. They can also be eaten hot or cold: precisely because they can also be eaten cold, they can be prepared well in advance.
The only recommendation is to choose aubergines that come from organic farming. Do not underestimate the idea of growing aubergines in your garden or on the terrace; in this case we will be sure about the origin
How to make mushroom eggplant, what we need
- 1 kilo of hard-boiled eggplant without bruises
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 500 grams of pachini tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A handful of pine nuts
- Basil, pepper and salt
How to make mushroom eggplant, how to prepare
- After washing the aubergines thoroughly, first cut them lengthwise into strips and then cut them into cubes of one centimeter per side
- Clean the garlic cloves and fry them in a large non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil
- After a few seconds, pour in the aubergines and sauté over high heat
- Let at least 3 or 4 minutes pass then lower the heat
- Add the salt, pepper, previously chopped basil and pine nuts
- Cook for about 10 minutes, over low heat with the lid, turning from time to time with a wooden spoon until they become soft and creamy
- Meanwhile, take the cherry tomatoes and cut them into 4 pieces
- Then pour the cherry tomatoes into a bowl with a pinch of salt and mix
- As soon as the aubergines are ready, add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for another 20 minutes over low heat and with a lid, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
The eggplant with mushroom they are ready to taste