For drive away flies we do not necessarily have to resort to insecticide sprays which, among other things, contain substances that are harmful to both the environment and humans! We can resort to natural remedies that prove to be equally effective. In this regard, here how to keep flies away without having to turn your home into a gas chamber with pesticides and chemicals.
How to get rid of flies, useful precautions
- Always keep the house clean and free of food scraps
- Wash the dishes immediately after meals
- Keep drinks closed after meals
- Avoid perfumes and cosmetics with sweet aromas
- Throw away the garbage regularly and clean the dustbin: spread dry soap inside the dustbin
- Clean and throw away food that pets have not eaten
- If you have fruit at room temperature, check the fruit bowl every day and eliminate overripe fruit.
- Check for cracks in the house
- If possible, install some mosquito nets: in addition to protecting yourself from flies, they are ideal against bedbugs, cockroaches, mosquitoes and other insects. This way you can always keep the windows open.
How to get rid of flies, natural remedies
- Put a basil plant or a mint plant on the windowsill; it will make your room fragrant without having to resort to artificial deodorants.
- Take a good transparent plastic bag, such as those for the freezer and fill it 3/4 full with tap water then tie the end with nylon thread and hang it from the ceiling: flies and mosquitoes, reflecting themselves as in a mirror in the bags, they are afraid of going to meet a predator bigger than them so they run away.
How to remove the mosche, natural fly repellent spray
As an alternative to over-the-counter insecticides which, as we have already mentioned, are harmful, we can prepare a natural fly repellent spray at home with ingredients available at home, to be sprayed whenever there is a need.
- 150 ml of witch hazel
- 150 ml of apple cider vinegar
- 20 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 20 drops of lemongrass essential oil
- 20 drops of Roman mint essential oil
Pour all the ingredients into a recycled spray container and shake the contents before using it
WARNING: do not ingest the repellent and do not let it come into contact with the eyes. In this regard it is good to affix a label with the words insecticide flies.
How to get rid of flies, fly repellent for environments
- Jar with recycled cap
- Sponge for dishes
- Eucalyptus oil
- White vinegar
- Take the sponge and soak it in a solution consisting of 50 ml of water, 50 drops of eucalyptus oil and a cap of white vinegar
- Place the sponge inside the jar, close the lid and let it rest for 24 hours.
To use the room repellent just remove the lid and place it on the table