Making pizza at home it does not require special culinary skills and is also quick to prepare: it only takes 15 minutes but it will be necessary to add the leavening and cooking time. In times of crisis, a homemade pizza can be ideal for evenings with family or friends: just think that the cost of the ingredients of four homemade pizzas will not exceed two euros. Let's see how to make pizza following our recipe step by step.
How to make pizza, the ingredients for 4 people.
- 6 Spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 level tablespoon of salt
- A pinch of sugar
- 50 grams of brewer's yeast
- 1 kg of flour type 00
- Half a liter of warm water
- A pan with a diameter of 30 cm
How to make pizza, the preparation
- Pour the brewer's yeast into a bowl and melt by adding a glass of water.
- In another small room, pour another glass of water and melt the salt
- On a work base, place the flour in the center and pour the sugar, the dissolved brewer's yeast then the dissolved salt
- Add the oil and the remaining water little by little
- Knead everything with your hands until you get an elastic and smooth dough
- Put the dough in a warm and dry place and cover it with a clean cloth: at this point you will have to wait for the volume of the dough to double due to the yeast. It will take about 2 hours.
- After the leavening time, roll out the dough in the oiled pan until it reaches the thickness you prefer and season as you prefer: the dough should be rolled out with your hands and not with a rolling pin
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes
How to make pizza, the classic condiment
The classic margherita pizza involves the use of simple ingredients such as salt, oil, mozzarella, basil and tomato sauce.
Cover the dough with a few ladles of tomato paste, add the mozzarella and bake. Before serving, add a few basil leaves and a drizzle of oil.