The cold, the use of too aggressive detergents or detergents can ruin our hands making them dry and chapped. What to do to protect them adequately? Of course, we find many hand creams on the market but inside we find ingredients that are harmful to the environment! In this regard we will show you how to make one at home DIY hand cream, using only natural ingredients.
DIY hand cream, the ingredients
- 150 grams of shea butter
- 15 grams of cocoa butter
- 100 ml of almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of an essential oil of your choice
- A few ice cubes
DIY hand cream, the procedure
- Take a container suitable for microwave use and pour the shea butter and cocoa butter into it
- Prepare the microwave oven at medium power for about 30 seconds: if necessary, repeat the operation several times until the ingredients have melted well, taking care to mix the mixture every time you remove it from the microwave
- Once this is done, pour the mixture into a bowl with high edges and then place it inside a larger bowl filled with ice cubes: the cold will allow the mixture to stay at its best during processing.
- Add the chosen essential oil and then gradually the remaining ingredients and mix carefully until everything is combined
- Let it cool then transfer the mixture into a jar with a lid
For application, just take a drop and massage gently on your hands: it is advisable to do this every morning
DIY hand cream, storage
- Do-it-yourself hand cream should be stored in a tightly closed glass jar away from heat and direct sunlight
- Consume the product within one month.
And for hand care?
- When washing your hands, do not use aggressive or alkaline detergents, choose natural products such as soap and soap that respect the skin's pH.
- To dry your hands, avoid hot air, preferring paper handkerchiefs and towels.
Attention: the skin of the face must also be treated, therefore we advise you to use a face cream composed of only natural ingredients