L'nettle it is perhaps the most medicinal plant that nature can offer us, however only a few are aware of its therapeutic properties. Many dishes can be prepared with nettle: such as pancakes, flans, risottos and .... omelettes. In this regard, we now want to suggest the nettle omelette, thus exploiting the countless properties of this plant to create a truly healthy and at the same time tasty dish.
There nettle omelette it does not require any difficulty: after carefully leafing through the nettle, just boil it, squeeze it and then toss it in the pan. But let's see in detail how to do it nettle omelette, following our instructions step by step. The only recommendation is to wear latex gloves at the time of preparation, in order to avoid any contact with the stinging substance left on the stem and leaves on the hand.
Nettle omelette, the ingredients
- 400 grams of nettles
- 5 organic eggs
- 50 grams of butter
- 50 grams of grated Parmesan
- Oil, salt and pepper to taste
Nettle omelette, the preparation
- Pour the nettle leaves into a container full of cold water, wash them thoroughly and then drain them well with a colander
- Boil salted water in a saucepan, pour the nettle leaves and cook for about 10 minutes
- After the time has elapsed, drain the nettles in a colander
- With the back of a fork, push the cooked leaves towards the sieve to release all the liquid absorbed during cooking then set aside
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, add the Parmesan and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Break the eggs into a bowl, then add salt and pepper to taste (7). Add the grated Parmesan cheese (8)
- Mix well until everything is combined
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan then add the nettle leaves, making them sauté for a few seconds: just enough time for them to flavor.
- Pour the nettles into the bowl with the eggs and mix well until the ingredients are combined
- Pour the mixture into a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil and let it cook for about 10 minutes over low heat
- Turn the nettle omelette with the help of the lid and cook the other side for another 4 minutes without the lid