Among the vegetables that we can find in winter we find the artichoke, a vegetable that lends itself to many preparations in the kitchen. The artichoke can be an excellent ingredient for preparing first courses such as risotto with artichokes. Other uses of the artichoke see it as a side dish for main courses but it can also become a single dish, such as the stuffed artichoke or the artichoke omelette. Now we want to illustrate you how to make artichoke omelette following our recipe step by step.
Artichoke omelette, ingredients for 4 people
- 6 medium artichokes
- 4 organic eggs
- 5 tablespoons of bechamel
- An onion
- 100 grams of grated Romano cheese
- A handful of pine nuts
- A pinch of nutmeg
Artichoke omelette, foreplay
Before moving on to the recipe, the artichokes must be thoroughly cleaned. There is a precise technique for cleaning the artichoke: the stem for this recipe must be eliminated completely. The outer leaves must then be discarded and the upper part of the others must be cut, leaving only the clear one. Finally, the tip of the artichoke is cut, the bottom is turned, discarding the hard and fibrous rind. Before cutting them into wedges, the artichokes must be slightly dug in the center to remove the hay.
Warning: during cleaning and until the moment of cooking they must remain immersed in water acidulated with lemon juice to prevent them from blackening.
Artichoke omelette, the preparation
- Take the previously cleaned and cut artichokes and put them in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil together with the finely chopped onion.
- Let it brown for at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon: before turning off, add salt
- Put the freshly browned artichokes in a very large bowl
- Aside, beat the eggs in a bowl then pour the mixture into the bowl containing the artichokes
- Stir and gradually add the bechamel, grated cheese, pine nuts and nutmeg
- Stir again until all the ingredients have blended well
- Pour the freshly prepared mixture into a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil and let it cook for a few minutes over medium heat: put a lid on
- Turn the artichoke omelette with the help of the lid and cook for a few more minutes
Yours is ready artichoke omelette.