The cauliflower, a typical winter vegetable, has a beneficial effect on our health thanks to the presence of important micro nutrients such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, folic acid, vitamin C etc. According to experts, it also contains anti-cancer, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-scurvy active ingredients. Moreover, thanks to its low calorie content (25 kcal / 100 g) and its high satiating power, cauliflower is also indicated in slimming diets. It goes without saying that this vegetable must absolutely not be missing in the kitchen in the winter period as long as it comes from organic farming. With cauliflower we can prepare many tasty and healthy recipes. In this regard, we are now showing you the recipe for cauliflower flan, an easy and quick dish to prepare.
Cauliflower flan, the ingredients
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1 package of bechamel
- 60 grams of grated Parmesan
- 150 grams of leerdammer cheese
- 1 nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- A handful of pine nuts
- A handful of "00" flour
- Salt, extra virgin olive oil, pepper, butter to taste
Cauliflower flan, the preparation
- Boil the cauliflower fragmented into not too small pieces in salted water
- As soon as the water boils, let it cook for another 5 minutes, making sure it does not become too soft, then drain it
- In a non-stick pan, brown the cauliflower tops previously boiled with a drizzle of oil: 3 minutes will be enough
- Add the leerdammer cut into small pieces and continue cooking for another 3 minutes over low heat
- Then take the cauliflower and pass it in the blender together with the pine nuts
- Once this is done, put the mixture in a bowl and add the bechamel, a nutmeg, the Parmesan cheese, the eggs and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix everything well until all the ingredients are well combined
- Then transfer the mixture into the molds that you have previously buttered and floured and place them on a high-sided baking tray filled with cold water
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes in a bain marie.
- After the time required for cooking, turn it over cauliflower flan still hot on a tray and serve hot or at room temperature and garnish preferably with a few mint leaves and some decorated carrots (see photo)