There kitchen it is the most loved room but also the most lived in and as such the most expensive: the food that is wasted, sources of heat always on the move, water that comes out continuously from the tap. But if we are careful we can create our own zero impact kitchen. In this regard, let's see how to save in the kitchen by following some of our indications.
How to save in the kitchen, the recipe with leftovers
Ingredients: stale bread, savoy cabbage, cabbage, black cabbage, cannellini beans, carrots, celery, tomato puree, onion, garlic
- Soak the beans for 12 hours then boil them
- Blend 80% of the total, placing the cream and the remaining beans in the pot with the cooking water
- In another pan, fry the celery, carrot and onion with a little extra virgin olive oil
- Then add the finely chopped black and white cabbage
- Add to these vegetables both the cream and the whole beans with their water
- Cook the broth for 1 hour and 30 minutes, adding water if necessary
- In a bowl, place the stale bread cut into slices and sprinkle it with the freshly cooked broth
- The next day, boil the leftover soup and then stir it in a pan, adding 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
How to save in the kitchen, what to do
- Make good compost: every waste becomes a resource as wet waste is transformed and becomes something else
- Recycle the water: that of pasta, that of boiling cereals and vegetables, washing vegetables, potted flowers can become a precious resource and as such must be used wisely. The cooking water of cereals or vegetables is recovered by placing a container under the colander: if you do not use it immediately, you can keep it in glass bottles for up to 15 days.
With the cereal boiling water you can:
- Extend sauces, soups and vegetable stews if they are too dry
- Wet your plants and flowers: in this case it is good to dilute it with 1/3 of fresh water
- Wash the dishes: pour the boiling water into the sink or into a basin, add a little lemon and baking soda, or a few drops of ecological detergent and you will have a super ecological washing of your dishes
- Leave the legumes to soak: they will absorb the necessary water and all its nutrients
- Boil the vegetables: you can use the cooking water and bring it back to a boil.