To respect a healthy lifestyle, we must start from the table, from what we choose to eat every day. The vegetables for example, they must never be missing, but obviously how to cook them is also important. There steaming is the healthiest method for cooking our vegetables, it guarantees the preservation of all the organoleptic properties: while they cook, they absorb the humidity and the aromas of the liquid that boils, without however losing their aromas, thus releasing only the fatty substances that they melt during cooking. The only recommendation is to choose vegetables very fresh and not treated with chemicals: this is the only way to obtain taste and lightness from our dishes. But let's see in detail how to cook the steamed vegetables following our recipe.
Steamed vegetables, the ingredients
- 1 broccoli
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- A few walnuts
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of raisins
- A spoonful of pine nuts
- Salt to taste.
Steamed vegetablesand, the preparation
- Clean and wash the cauliflower
- Do the same thing with the broccoli then divide them into peaks
- Clean the carrots, potatoes and cut them into slices
- Clean the leek then cut it into rings using the green part
- Steam the vegetables, leaving them al dente
- Meanwhile, chop the walnuts, cinnamon, pine nuts and rosemary
- Pour the mince into the blender, add the raisins and blend until you get a homogeneous mixture
- Add a tablespoon of water and continue to blend: if necessary, add more water in order to have a fluid and velvety sauce
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add a pinch of salt then arrange them on a serving dish and pour over the freshly prepared sauce
- Serve on the table, accompanying the dish with a small bowl containing the remaining sauce.
Yours are ready steamed vegetables season with a very pleasant light sauce.