Do-it-yourself shampoo: here are some natural alternatives that take advantage of the properties and benefits of some plants and herbs such as chamomile, aloe vera ....
To have beautiful, clean and shiny hair it is not necessary to resort to the products that are on the market; sure, they can be effective but they are expensive and worse contain chemicals. Why not take advantage of natural alternatives to clean, regenerate and brighten your hair?
In hair care and cleaning we use shampoo but those available on the market may contain substances that can damage the hair in a serious way. Furthermore, it should not be underestimated that these chemicals contained in shampoos end up in the environment with irreversible effects.
Homemade shampoo, the green aspect
Simple and natural ingredients easily available at home are enough to prepare a do-it-yourself shampoo: in this way we will save on costs but above all we will also avoid the accumulation of packaging and containers
DIY herbal shampoo, recipes
DIY Chamomile Shampoo
A very simple way to make a herbal shampoo is to add the plants in question to the shampoo you normally use. Since chamomile has a slight lightening effect, it will bring brightness to lighter hair. Here is the recipe for making chamomile shampoo.
- 125 ml of water
- 80 ml of fresh chamomile (83 ml)
- 125 ml of neutral shampoo
- 30 ml of glycerin
- Prepare the chamomile as if you were preparing a well-concentrated infusion
- Let the infusion rest for about 20 minutes then pour it into a bottle together with the shampoo and glycerin
- At this point let the mixture rest for the whole night
- After this time, you can use your natural shampoo as usual
Do-it-yourself shampoo with aloe vera and rosemary
Everyone now knows the beneficial virtues of aloe and rosemary; a perfect combination to create a natural shampoo against hair loss.
- 250 of distilled water
- About 28 grams of dried rosemary and dried rose petals
- 125 ml of liquid castile soap
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- ¼ teaspoon of jojoba oil
- 30 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Pour the rosemary and rose petals into a bottle then add boiling water and close the bottle for about 4 hours
- After the exposure time, strain the mixture and pour it back into the bottle
- Add the castile soap, jojoba oil and rosemary essential oil
- Finally, add the aloe vera gel
- Leave on overnight
DIY rosemary shampoo
Natural rosemary shampoo is an excellent alternative to enjoy all the benefits of this plant and get a thick and beautiful hair. But let's see in detail what it takes to make it happen.
- 250 ml of rosemary
- 10 tablespoons of horsetail
- 15 tablespoons of grated soapstone root
- 4 liters of water
- 5 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Put the rosemary, the horsetail and the soap root in a steel pot, then add the 4 liters of water
- Mix all the ingredients well and boil them
- Once it has boiled, cover with a lid and let it cook for another 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, let it rest for an hour
- At this point, filter the liquid and pour it into a bottle and finally add the essential oil of rosemary
Useful recommendations: this shampoo is particularly suitable for dark or black hair, as it tends to revive the color and darken the hair a little.
Frequent use of this shampoo improves hair health in a short time because, in addition to cleansing the hair, it acts as a natural conditioner, leaving the hair shiny and soft. You can use it every day as a normal shampoo or as an alternative treatment for 10 days. You can keep any leftover shampoo in the fridge, so it will keep for longer.
You might also be interested in
DIY marine soap