How to make an orange donut: the recipe and instructions (step by step) to prepare a delicious orange donut.
Thereorange donutit is a timeless dessert, to be prepared in summer and winter according to the variety of oranges made available by the season: oranges have a very gradual ripening calendar, which extends from October-November to June. Thanks to modern storage methods, they can be found on the market at any time of the year. To prepare theorange donutwe recommend using only quality raw materials, starting with the same oranges which must be strictlyBio or better still, harvested from the tree grown in the garden.
Oranges are an important source of vitamins, especially vitamin C and A. With the orange juice a good part of B vitamins is provided, in particular Thiamine, Riboflavin and in addition to vitamin PP or Niacin. In this dessert we will use both the juice and the orange zest.
Orange donut, the ingredients
Here are theingredientsfor a donut to be served to 4 - 6 people.
- 200 grams of sugar
- 200 grams of flour
- 90 grams of butter
- 5 oranges
- 5 organic eggs
- a sachet of baking powder
- milk as required
- a pinch of salt
- 5 teaspoons of sugar
It is important to choose oranges of certain origin because in this orange donut recipe we will not only use the juice but also the zest of this citrus fruit. Make sure the rind is free of phytochemicals.
Orange donut, preparation step by step
This sweet orange it is very simple to prepare. The only drawback is that you need to have a little patience for consuming it: it should be served cold and therefore it would be preferable to prepare it in the evening and then serve it the following day. Here is the recipe, step by step, of theorange donut:
- - Grate the peel of the oranges.
- - Add the egg yolks to the sugar and work them with a whisk. Combine the softened butter and the grated zest, mixing.
- - Gradually, add the flour and the yeast dissolved in a few tablespoons of milk.
- - In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, adding a pinch of salt. Add the beaten egg whites to the mixture you started with the yolks (yolks, butter, flour, rinds, yeast ...).
- The two compounds are mixed together with movements that go from bottom to top. Transfer the dough into a mold fordonutsand bake at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes.
While the base is cooking, prepare the orange glaze. Again, the process is simple:
6. - Extract the juice from the oranges and sift it with a sieve.
7. - Add five tablespoons of sugar to the juice and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
8. - Remove thedonutand, with a skewer stick, pinch the entire surface.
9. - Brush the icing with the orange juice along the entire surface of the donut. Instead of drilling thedonutwith the stick, if you want a more intense orange flavor, use a syringe without a needle to inject the orange glaze into the donut.
10. - Turn the donut upside down on a serving dish and brush again with the remaining juice. Serve the orange donutwhen it is cold.
Orange donut, the variations
For a more spicy taste you can add it toorange donutaromas such as nutmeg and, even more indicated, cinnamon.
For a nicer version, it is advisable to obtain from the peel some flakes of peel to add to the dough before baking. Thin curls of orange peel can also be used to garnish, once thedonutit will have warmed.
Many users add extra-dark chocolate chips to the dough to create a contrast of flavors.
By adding yogurt to the dough you can get aOrange Plumcake.
If you are looking for recipes that are easy to prepare and with a strong visual impact, you can consult the recipe for our apple dessert:apple dessert. Also in this case it will be necessary to choose apples of safe origin because the apples on the market (even organic, unfortunately) are often covered withparaffinto make the appearance more colorful and shiny.