Therecipesbetter thansweets with pumpkin. From American pie to muffins, cupcakes, fluffy pie, pumpkin pie and pumpkin and macaroon pie. Many recipes that are simple to prepare and good to taste.
Autumn is the season of pumpkin, a vegetable with multiple nutritional properties! Thanks to the presence of antioxidants, beta carotene and vitamins, this vegetable is highly appreciated in the kitchen but also in alternative medicine. For further information, please refer to the article "Properties of the pumpkin".
There pumpkin lends itself to various preparations in the kitchen such as, for example, soups and soups, it can also be grilled or used as an ingredient for first courses, gnocchi, savory pies and ravioli. Nothing is thrown away from the pumpkin, even the dried seeds can be consumed and the peel is no exception (find out howrecycle the pumpkin peel). For further information on what concerns thepumpkin seeds, I refer you to reading the article "Pumpkin seeds, the properties".
Desserts with pumpkin, recipes
Many do not know that the pumpkin also lends itself very well in the preparation of desserts starting from the famous Pumpkin pie, typicalAmerican pie shown in the photo above, or the pumpkin pie with amaretti, visible in the last photo of the page! Very popular sweets are also there soft pumpkin pie, cupcakes and muffins. In this regard we will give you some pumpkin dessert recipes.
How to make pumpkin pies:the recipe for American pumpkin pie
Here is the recipe for pumpkin tart which has origins in America.
- 3 organic eggs
- 100 grams of sugar
- 400 grams of pumpkin
- 100 grams of whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger
- ½ tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 1 pinch of salt
- Peel the pumpkin, remove seeds and filaments and cut into cubes
- Steam or cook in the oven for 20 minutes to make it soft and also eliminate excess water
- In a bowl, pour the whole eggs, sugar, spices and salt
- Mix all the ingredients then add the cream
- At this point, add the cooked and mashed pumpkin previously
- Once you have obtained a homogeneous mixture, pour it into the pan with the shortcrust pastry pulled to about 4 cm in height and pricked with a fork.
- Once the mixture has been poured, cook the pumpkin in a preheated oven at 200 ° for the first 20 minutes and then at 180 ° for the next 30 minutes.
The preparation of the shortcrust pastry
To make the shortcrust pastry, simply mix 150 grams of flour with 1 egg then add 50 grams of butter, 50 grams of sugar and 1 pinch of yeast. Before rolling out the shortcrust pastry, let it rest for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator and wrapped in plastic wrap.
Both cupcakes and muffins can be prepared with pumpkin in the dough, they are excellent to be enjoyed as a snack or for breakfast. Here are the recipes.
How to make pumpkin cupcakes
To get onefluffy pumpkin pie, just use a cake mold, otherwise use cupcake molds as well.
- 120 grams of granulated sugar
- 40 grams of brown sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 160 grams of flour
- 100 grams of butter
- 160 grams of pumpkin
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- Cinnamon and ginger to taste
- Clean the pumpkin thoroughly, cut it into cubes, then steam or cook it in the oven for 20 minutes
- After cooking, blend the pumpkin to create a cream and let it cool
- In a bowl, pour all the ingredients but first whip the two types of sugar with the softened butter
- Then add the eggs, flour, cinnamon and ginger, the pumpkin pulp prepared previously and the baking powder.
- Pour the mixture into muffin cups in the special silicone mold, making sure to fill them up to halfway
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
How to make pumpkin muffins
Among the othersdessert recipes with pumpkinthere is no shortage of celebritiesmuffin. It is a soft and delicious dessert.
- 100 grams of brown sugar
- 220 grams of pumpkin
- 90 grams of honey
- 1 organic egg
- 200 grams of flour
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- After cleaning the pumpkin, cut it into cubes then steam it or cook it in the oven for 20 minutes until soft.
- Once this is done, blend the pumpkin to obtain a cream
- In a bowl, beat the butter softened with the sugar, then add the egg, pumpkin, flour, baking powder and nutmeg
- When the mixture is homogeneous, fill the cups then cook them in a preheated oven at 200 ° for 15 minutes.
Pumpkin and amaretti cake, simple recipe
Here are the ingredients for a 24 cm cake.
- 600 grams of pumpkin already cleaned, if possibleMantuan pumpkin
- 5 eggs
- 125 g of butter
- 125 g of sugar
- 75 g of flour
- 1/2 vanilla pod (or vanilla essence for cakes)
- 50 g candied orange (or orange zest for grating)
- 75 g of flour
- 60 gr ofAmaretti biscuits very small
- butter and flour for the mold
- almonds (optional, to be toasted and used for garnish)
This recipe is very simple and quick: 30 minutes of preparation will be enough even if the cooking times are longer.
Cut the pumpkin into small pieces, wrap them in aluminum foil without sealing them perfectly (you have to make sure that the moisture can escape at least in part). Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 20 - 25 minutes, until the pumpkin is tender and easily malleable.
Hope the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the egg whites until stiff and beat the egg yolks, adding the sugar. In the egg yolks, add the seeds from the vanilla pod.
Puree the pumpkin and remove any superfluous liquids.
In a bowl, combine the egg yolks, pumpkin puree, flour and butter. Add the chopped orange and, finally, the egg whites whipped until stiff.
Grease and flour a cake pan. Pour the mixture and, on the surface, distribute the macaroons so that they cover the wholepumpkin pie. Yourrecipe, at this point, it is almost ready: bake at 180 ° for 50 - 60 minutes, checking the cooking with the toothpick test.
It is important to monitor cooking because if the macaroons tend to darken, you will have to cover the cake with aluminum foil.
Please note, if you can't find small macaroons for yoursrecipe for dessert with pumpkin and amaretti, you can use the classic crumbled macaroons as shown in the photo above.