We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
How to make Kamut's pizza: recipe and tips for preparing Kamut pizza. Variants and nutritional information.
“Kamut pizza” it has now become a popular brand as well as that of Khorasan flour itself. Not everyone knows that kamut flour is nothing more than a flour derived from a particular type of wheat commonly called Khorasan, it is a variety of wheat of the subspeciesTriticum turgidum ssp. turanicum.Starting from kamut flour it is possible to prepare a very good pizza dough, the finished result is commonly called kamut pizza.
The flour ofkamutit is produced from an ancient grain, easy to digest and with interesting nutritional properties. The wordKamut, now a registered trademark of the American company of the same name, is an Egyptian term that seemed to mean in the local language"Soul of the Earth". Therekamut pizzait has a slightly sweeter flavor than the traditional one, even the texture is slightly different.
Therekamut pizzait represents an alternative to traditional pizza but be careful! Although the kamut pizza dough would seem more digestible than the traditional one, it is not suitable for celiacs because, like traditional flour, it contains gluten.
Therekamut pizzacan be prepared entirely with Kamut or with a mixture of traditional flour and kamut. Another possibility appears for those who intend to prepare the kamut pizza without yeastartificial, in this case it is possible to use the sourdough: the natural yeast it can also be prepared starting from kamut flour.
How to make Kamut's pizza
The ingredients for 2 pizzas:
- 500 g of Kamut flour
- 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 g of salt
- 25 g of brewer's yeast
- 15 g of honey
- 400 ml of water
Ingredients for seasoning the Kamut pizza:
- 500 g mozzarella
- 350 g of tomato paste
- Dried oregano and fresh basil
- Salt as needed
The seasoning ingredients can be substituted at your convenience. A tasty variant sees as a condiment fresh tomatoes with peppers, anchovies and capers. The condiments must be baked at the same time with the mash of kamut pizza.
The Kamut pizza recipe
Let's go on with the recipe of kamut pizza: the dough.
- Sift through the kamut flour and arrange it as a fountain with the classic hole in the center.
- In a glass bowl, dissolve the brewer's yeast in warm water. Add honey. Stir until dissolved well and each ingredient is combined. Pour the mixture into the center of the fountain kamut flour.
- Separately, dissolve 10 grams of salt in a glass of warm water. Gradually incorporate the water into the kamut flour: it will help you to knead better. Add water until the dough has reached the desired softness and consistency.
- Form, with the dough, the classic "ball of mash". Place the dough in a glass container and let it rise. The dough will have to double its volume. To prevent the dough from sticking to the bottom of the bowl, sprinkle it with more kamut flour. Remember to let the dough rest for at least an hour, an hour and a half, keeping it away from drafts and excessive humidity. Cover the container with a kitchen towel.
- When the dough has doubled in volume, separate it into two parts to be spread in two different baking pans previously greased with oil.
- Season the pizza with all the ingredients (except the mozzarella) and bake it in a preheated oven at 250 °. Cooking takes 15 minutes. After the first 10 minutes of cooking, open the oven and add the mozzarella. Place in the oven and finish cooking, waiting another 5 minutes.
- Take the pizzas out of the oven and garnish them with a few leaves of fresh basil. There kamut pizza it should be served still steaming.
Other recipes with kamut? Try to consult the homemade kamut bread recipe.
Want to eat onekamut pizza in Milan?
You can make it yourself with ours kamut pizza recipe or… go out to dinner to enjoy it in one of the different pizzerias that offer it. The restaurant's Pizzas menuGrains and Embersit is possible to find pizzas with wholemeal, classic, Neapolitan dough or… kamut pizza with Khorasan flour. To eat one kamut pizza in Milan it is also possible to go to Viale Umbria, to Pepe Nero and other renowned pizzerias.
You may also be interested in the article: "How mozzarella is made“