Peanut butter is a very popular cream in the kitchen; it can be enjoyed at breakfast or as a snack, snack ... in short, when you want something tasty. It can be spread on bread, biscuits or we can combine it with jams. It can also be used in the preparation of cakes or muffins.
The peanut butter it is obtained from pureed peanuts; it can be purchased at the supermarket or self-produced at home: in the second case we will be sure of the genuineness and healthiness of the product and we can also make it according to our preferences. In fact, if we add more oil, the creaminess and spreadability increase, but we can make it tastier than salt, just add more salt. Maybe we like the crunchy version; in this case we will have to add to the mixer, when it is almost ready, some chopped roasted peanuts and some whole. The preparation of the peanut butter it's that simple! In this regard we will illustrate you how to make peanut butter at home following our recipe step by step.
The made in home version has nothing to envy compared to those available on the market and also has the advantage of not having preservatives and additives. Obviously it should be kept in the refrigerator for a short period; a couple of weeks at the most otherwise it gets rancid!
Homemade peanut butter, the ingredients
- 500 grams of unshelled peanuts
- 1 pinch of salt
- 25 grams of peanut oil
- 5 grams of brown sugar
- A teaspoon of acacia or wildflower honey
You can also buy peanuts in their shell; in this case they must be 600 grams.
Homemade peanut butter, the preparation
- Line the plate with baking paper and place the peanuts on top in a single layer
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees and leave to toast for a quarter of an hour
- After the time has elapsed, remove the plate from the oven, put the peanuts in a bowl and let them rest until they have cooled completely
- Once cooled, transfer them to the blender
- Add the brown sugar, peanut oil and honey
- Blend everything until you get a creamy mixture
- At this point, add the salt and continue blending: during this operation, stop the blender from time to time to prevent the mixture from overheating too much and the active ingredients from being altered
- Transfer the peanut butter to an airtight glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
Yours is ready homemade peanut butter: how about spreading a little on homemade bread?
You might also be interested in
- Peanut plant: cultivation
- How to grow peanuts